Romney Marsh District
- Hope All Saints
- New Romney
- Old Romney
- St Mary in the Marsh
In addition, the churches of the following parishes, although part of Romney Marsh, became redundant before 1754: Blackmanstone, Broomhill, Eastbridge, Hurst (Falconhurst), Midley, Orgarswick and West Hythe.
Finally (from 1 July 1837) there may also have been marriages in the Romney Marsh Register Office and in the various non-conformist chapels which existed on Romney Marsh. Among these chapels were the following:
- Brookland: Weslyan Chapel from 1849
- Dymchurch: Weslyan and Baptist Chapels
- Lydd: Weslyan Chapel
- New Romney: Weslyan and Baptist Chapels
Fairfield: Marriages no longer solemnised after 1853.
Hope All Saints: There is only one entry in the register.
A Register is missing for each of the five Parishes shown below. A combined index has been prepared from the Banns of these parishes for the period concerned. This Banns index should be treated with caution. The marriages may (a) not have taken place or (b) have taken place in a different parish from that shown in this index.
Banns index for: Ivychurch, Newchurch, Snargate, Snave and St Mary in the Marsh.
Registers used in this Index
Indexed by David C Hills, February and March 2002.